What is FLL?
FIRST LEGO League challenges kids in over 80 countries to think like scientists and engineers. During the season, teams will choose and solve a real-world problem in the Project. They will also build, test, and program an autonomous robot using LEGO MINDSTORMS® technology to solve a set of missions in the Robot Game. Throughout their experience, teams will operate under the FIRST LEGO League signature set of Core Values, celebrating discovery, teamwork, and Gracious Professionalism®.
FIRST LEGO League in numbers
The FIRST LEGO League Core Values are the cornerstones of the program. They are among the fundamental elements that distinguish FIRST LEGO League from other programs of its kind. By embracing the Core Values, participants learn that friendly competition and mutual gain are not separate goals, and that helping one another is the foundation of teamwork.
- We are a team.
- We do the work to find solutions with guidance from our coaches and mentors.
- We know our coaches and mentors don’t have all the answers; we learn together.
- We honor the spirit of friendly competition.
- What we discover is more important than what we win.
- We share our experiences with others.
- We display Gracious Professionalism® and Coopertition® in everything we do.
- We have FUN!
What is Gracious Professionalism®?
Proven, verifiable impact!
The positive impact FIRST LEGO League has on participants is gratifying and well documented. Over 88% are more interested in doing well in school, and 87% have more interest in attending college.
FIRST LEGO League teams get to:
- Research challenges facing today’s scientists
- Design, build, test and program robots using LEGO® MINDSTORMS® technology
- Apply real-world math and science concepts
- Learn critical thinking, team-building, and presentation skills
- Participate in tournaments and celebrations
- Understand and practice Gracious Professionalism®
What is FIRST LEGO League
Find moreFLL in Czech Republic FLL in Europe FLL in World Official web FIRST